The Aviation industry has seen a rapid boom in the past decade in India, and the scope of building a promising career in the aviation sector featuring high-profile designations and lucrative salary has also gone up. With more and more domestic and international airlines coming up each day in India, it has become truly difficult to find the best one. Hence, we have sorted out 5 good aviation colleges in India for you which have gained much popularity for providing quality aviation education to its students:
1. Government Aviation Training Institute (Address: D-4, Near Old Terminal Building, Biju Patnaik Airport, Bhubaneswar, Odisha)
2. Indian Aviation Academy (Address: 7/8 Rushabh Complex, Opp. Fun Republic Cinema, Off New Link Road, Oshiwara, Andheri (W), Mumbai)
3. All India Institute of Aeronautics (Address: 1, GMS Rd, Nehru Enclave, Satya Vihar, Ballupur, Dehradun)
4. Wingsss College of Aviation Technology (Address: 140/6, Near Warje Chowk, NDA Road, Warje Malwadi, Pune)
5. Ahmedabad Aviation and Aeronautics (Address: A Hangar, S.V.Patel International Airport, Ahmedabad, Gujarat)
Types of Courses offered by these Institutes:
All of these good colleges are known to offer various short-term and long-term contemporary study programs in Aviation. Generally, people who are interested in building a career in the aviation industry can choose from various certificate courses, diploma courses, postgraduate diploma courses, bachelor’s degrees and master’s degrees.
Course Curriculum followed by the Institutes:
All the air hostess training or pilot training programs offered by the institutes are so designed that the students can gain enough knowledge, develop essential skills and ability, and get a proper understanding of their field of study with a right mix of theory and practice in the aviation industry. Usually, the course content consists of different subjects including personality development, grooming standards, fitness, effective communication skills, airline reservation, ticketing system, guest handling, boarding rules, check in rules, swimming, first aid, security awareness, managing hazard situations, service attitude, etc.
Minimum Qualification to pursue a course in the Aviation Industry:
Candidate should have completed 12th standard from a recognized board in India, age should be between 18 to 25 years and should have good communication and interpersonal skills.
Air Hostess and Pilot positions in Aviation Industry have been in huge demand in India and thus a lot of youngsters are aspiring to become part of cabin crew team of airlines. After completion of a course in the aviation industry, a student can also opt for a job as ground staff at the airports.